The Ultimate Portion Control Plate Guide
Written by PM Admin - July 20, 2020
To reach your weight goal, consuming the correct portion size each meal is critical. For many, utilizing a portion control plate can aid in achieving a weight goal.
Portion control is the practice of determining the amount of food necessary to avoid under or overeating. Exercising portion control is important because it helps you consume the right amount of calories, have a healthy relationship with food, and reach your goals.
Using the right portion control plate will help in the following ways:
- Ensure you’re placing the right amount of food on your plate.
- Help you to begin visualizing the correct portion sizes to eat at mealtime.
- Eliminate calorie counting and measuring
If you’re not familiar with portion control plates or you just have questions, below is a guide to answering any questions you may have before purchasing a portion plate.
The Ultimate Portion Control Plate Guide
What Is A Portion Control Plate?
A portion control plate is designed to help you visualize and place the correct amount of food to eat. The best portion control plates will specify how much of a certain food to place on your plate to help you achieve your desired weight.
When it comes to losing weight — or just healthy eating in general — the rules around food are pretty simple: Don’t overeat, control your portion sizes, and listen to your body’s fullness cues. – LiveStrong
Using a portion plate to help control the amount of food you prepare and consume can be a great way to establish healthy eating habits and meal expectations.
Can A Portion Control Plate Help You Lose Weight?
There is a direct connection between applying portion control to your eating habits and the success of your health goals.
It may seem obvious, however, it’s easy to overlook that larger portions quickly add up to more pounds on the scale and calories to burn.
To reach your weight goals consuming the correct portion size, each meal is critical.
Weight management can be simplified into two basic concepts:
- To lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume.
- To gain weight, you must add more calories than you consume.
This means consuming the correct portion sizes of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats each day determines your ability to lose or gain weight.
A portion control plate can help you learn and practice healthy eating habits and portion control by providing the proper portion sizes for protein, greens, and carbohydrates. A balanced diet helps ensure you are consuming the right amount of nutrients needed to maintain your overall health.
A useful portion control plate will help you:
- Ensure you are eating the proper portion size for your desired weight goal
- Achieve and maintain your weight loss goals faster
- Eliminate calorie and points counting
- Stop over-eating
Portion control plates have preset portion sizes for protein, carbohydrates, and greens.
The Portions Master Adjustable Plate is special because each portion size is formulated to specific weight increments. Simply adjust the plate to your desired weight goal, fill in the portions with your favorite foods, and use the plate for 3 meals per day.
How To Use A Portion Control Plate?
Most plates are based on the following recommendations:
- Fill half your plate with greens
- A quarter of your plate with protein
- Use the last quarter to fill with carbohydrates
Other portion control tips include using your hand as a guide for the right portion size amounts:
- Use the size of your palm for proteins
- The size of your fist for greens
- A cupped hand for carbohydrates
While both of these recommendations provide a starting point for portion control, your ability to accurately measure and consume the right amount of food to reach your goal weight will be hindered.
To determine the portion sizes you should be eating you will need to do three things:
- Establish Your Goal Weight
- Calculate The Number Of Calories Needed To Reach Your Goal Weight
- Create Meals That Provide The Required Amount Of Calories
The first step is easy, the other will require observing and learning the nutritional facts provided in the foods you consume.
It can be a hassle to constantly weigh, measure, and track the food you eat.
Over-eating is easy to do because it can be difficult figuring out how much to eat, counting calories can be confusing, and weighing your food takes time.
The Portion Master Adjustable Plate is unique because there are no counting calories, measuring food, or counting points so you can get the results you want as easily as possible.
- Portions Master is adjustable according to your goals, so you can get results perfectly tailored to your needs.
- Scientifically researched portion sizes for protein, carbs, and vegetables so you can eat the foods you enjoy and still lose weight.
- No more wasting money on ‘fad’ diets, programs, or memberships that promise great results but don’t work.
Using the Portions Master Adjustable Plate simplifies portion control for you.
Portions Master uses scientifically-calculated preset portion sizes for protein, carbohydrates, and greens according to your goal weight.
To Use The Portions Master Portion Control Plate:
- Adjust the portion plate to the corresponding portion size
- Fill the portion sections with your favorite foods
- Use the plate for 3 meals per day
Do Portion Control Plates Work?
The key to using any portion control plate to reach your goal weight hinges on two things:
- Ensuring that the amount of food portioned is the right amount that you need
- Only consuming the amount of food measured on the plate
The simple answer is yes, most portion control plates work. However, the results and their usefulness are up to you. Only you can decide to exercise control and abide by each plate’s recommendations.
At Portions Master, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to lose weight, get healthy, and stay healthy.
Portions Master has proven we can help you lose weight. We simplified how people can achieve their weight goals. We created a plate that helps people eat appropriate portion sizes to achieve and maintain weight goals. And, our unique plating system can be used by people who need to control existing health conditions or to lose weight. And we feel pretty great about it!
Using the Portions Master Adjustable Plate you will help you learn what a balanced meal looks like.
Long-lasting results are achieved by eating the correct amount of food and reconditioning your habits by using portion control.
Portions Master specializes in unique, scientifically validated products and supplements that help achieve and maintain a lean lifestyle.
Our focus is to offer quality products and supplements to make it as easy as possible for our customers to improve their health.